Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tazmania: Day 6




I took a flight early this morning and arrived in Tazzie's Hobart Airport. I took the RedLine to the city centre and began walking around. I went on a boat tour that showed most of the city and some of the other parts, including the mountains. It has a rich history of prisons and progress. The harbors are a lot of fun to walk by and see all the different tours available. Because of some mistakes in timing, I missed my tour of the Cadbury Factory, and the Ghost Tours throughout the city. And tomorrow is a holiday so I have to use a taxi to get anywhere. I have felt quite overwhelmed and miss home a lot by being here. I feel too far away I guess. Its a unique feeling I have never had before. I love travelling and being away from things and seeing the world as it really is and all it has to offer. But when I am in a moment where it is simply me alone, taking time to think and wander, I miss being with people I know and love. There are some fun places to go though. I saw some of the historic buildings and sites here. I walked through some of the trails that are in the mountains. I am exhausted now. My resort room got cancelled cause they overbooked. So I found a room in town to stay at for the night. I'm going to a few pubs to have a drink... of soder, or as it's called here, fizzie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you too. Be good and return safe.

Anonymous said...

Foreclosed is my business blog name. Dad