Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day one of the Trip: Packing

Since 11:30pm last night, I have been packing and preparing for this trip. I have emailed and messaged everyone I can think of that I know in Melbourne and surrounding cities. I loaded both Ipods with tons of music and movies and TV shows. It is an 18 hour flight after all. The last time I took a long flight anywhere was to Hawaii with my family to see Uncle Bob. He was stationed there with the army and my brother Joe, who had survived cancer made a wish to see him. That was one of the worste flights ever because of the monotonous view of the Pacific Ocean. We couldn't sleep. We had little entertainment. And the return trip back to the mainland wasn't any better. Those who were there with me can attest to that.
Although I think at the time, my little brother, Sam, and I were excited to see the movie preview for Mortal Kombat. He and I had secrety played the game at friends houses, well under the radar of our parents watchful eyes. I later because traumatized by not only the movie, but later versions of the game that required ten minutes of button pressing to pull of a finishing move. By the time I got through have the move, the opponent in the game fell and the match was over. I might give Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, which is coming out soon, a chance. I wouldnt mind seeing what Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman have as finishing moves and secret moves.
Another thing I have to take care of the boredom are two very large books, Eragon (which I sadly haven't read yet) and God, Man, and the Universe. The latter was a favorite book of my grandma, who recently passed away. She had many favorite books though, so to say that was her favorite doesn't really say much. I also know it is one of the hardest books to find. Valued at over $100 for the first printing in good condition, which she had.
I also have the gameboy advance with me, and many games, from the classic tetris game, which can entertain even the simplest of minds with its upbeat musical tone, to the increasing speed and challenge as you progress in the game, to Final Fantasy Adventure I-III, to Marvel Alliance.
The best preparation of all is the complete lack of sleep. I have not gotten any sleep since yesterday morning (8am). I am exhausted, hungry, and could fall asleep at any moment. Just the way I want to be when I get on that plane. I will also enjoy the fact that it will send my body enough out of wack to compensate for possible jet lack. Though to say the least, I know nothing about.

All that's left today to do is finish laundry, pack remaing clothes, arrange final accomodations, arrange when I am going to the places I want to go, and not falling asleep. Let today officially begin!

2 comments:

Mana and Papa said...

Be safe and be good on your trip.
Dad

Katherine said...

qwasqqrry7h7h6h7weaz

That was Hailey attacking the computer silly girl that was her was of saying have fun and bring me back a kangaroo!! :o)

Dan and I say Have fun! we are excited to hear more!